Saturday 8 February 2014

THE CAR

       
A man buys a new car. Thereafter, for more than two years he became so psyco-covetous of his car, to an extent  he refused to let anyone to drive his brand new car...what more ride in it, including his wife and kid !.....He became super eccentric that he covered all the seat with protective covers ( double layered ), carried so many cloth to wipe away finger prints , paw prints, back prints.... name it.... !
     One day, after a very long time, he finally decided to take his lady and baby for a ride. Unfortunately, on the first ride itself, his baby vomits on his brand new leather seat. His wife panicked and stiffened, waiting for the all too familiar outburst ! True enough, the man became furious......
Man: This is why I say we'd better not take this car for this kind of a trip.


Wife: What kind of a trip? The other times when it rained and flooded, you said the same..that this car is not meant for this kind of trip...now we are going on a holiday ..so what kind of a trip is this car for actually?

Man: Well, thats why, they say women are always backward in their thinking and never appreciate anything. You don't care to think how much this car costs and that the leather seat is breathable , so liquids can easily seep in..like his vomit...

Wife : We're talking about an unwell child, and he is innocent..he did not plan to vomit in your car. Which is important to you? Your son who is sick or your car ?

Man: So now you are putting the blame on me again ? You say I am sefish and love my car more than our son. When have you ever listened to what I tell you ? You keep my house like shit, you keep my car like shit!

Wife : So it's your car, your house, and shall I presume it's your life as well?

Man : Precisely ! Coz when you first came, you brought nothing with you....
You know "nothing"?. Well, you should count yourself lucky to have married a wealthy man like me ! Because of me you can afford expensive things !

Wife : You know what? That is so base that you should measure my love for you against what you could afford to give me in return... that really hurts John ! Well which one of your conditions that I failed to obey? Is it the command that we should not eat in your car? Or the command that this car has been so personalised that only you deserve a comfort drive while you should put us in a station wagon or something..? Or the fact that , maybe nowadays you feel that you have over achieved and we are not cool enough for you , to drive with you?

Man : Don't start on that again... that's why....when everything comes so easy ... when I work so hard to be able to afford everything for both of you, you always take things for granted...

Wife : Am I not also contributing to this family, John? I have taken up a job that I don't really enjoy, all for the sake of improving our joint income....I work and I put in all my salary into our joint account , whereas you...? I dun even know how much you earn and how much you saving for us.... you are so secretive about your income...Your paycheck looks lucrative, but when it comes to expenditures, you always ask me to put in my money first ! Why ! I am not even holding my bank card and I have given my all to you... Yet you treat me this way! You humiliate me...like I do not know how to take care of expensive stuffs...!

Man : If you think I am your husband, you don't question my motives and my agendas...thats for me to know and for you to obey ! If you can't , you can pack up and get out of my house ! And leave the car keys and your clothes and your jewelleries..! coz even that , I am the one who bought it all for you !

Wife : So , after you worked so hard and able to afford everything, you treat us like dirt... look you have gone way too far from our present conflict! But don't worry, I am used to all these threats... so you say we cannot wear shoes in your car, cannot eat, cannot drink, cannot stretch, cannot move, cannot turn, cannot recline the seat , cannot touch the player, cannot go to the mall, cannot put Baby's toys in the booth, cannot this and cannot that ! And...

Man : Stop it! (Man raises his hand to hit his wife). If it's inconvenient for you to comply to all this, then next time, you bring your own rickety car !



Wife : Just as I expected it ! Then why did you force me to put in $30,000 as down payment for this car? Is it for this nightmare ride you are giving us? When we went car hunting, what did you tell me? That my car is too small... "honey, we need a bigger car for our growing family.. this new car assures a pleasent long distance drive , with full safety spec with uncompromised comfort..?" You forgot you said that , didn't you?

Man : I knew it...They once said that my downfall would be because of a woman and thats you! Now you will, go around telling people that you helped me purchase this car and that I actually could have not afforded this car...

Wife : You are ruled by your pride and prejudice..that is why material love blinds your eyes....you have hardened your heart towards family, love and trust....only God can help you....

Mandy was so wounded with his abusive words that she started crying unconsolably... ..confused, is this the same man she married 2 years ago, and why has he changed for the worst after his recent promotion ...why has he become so materialistic, egocentric and self-seeking.

      ■■  [ This story is fictitious and its characters and names , a mere creation. It is in no way affiliated to any individual in real life. ] ■■

             Some people love people and use things...but there are others who love things but use people.... If you want to know the true person , just wait till he gets rich or he is in a position.... you will know him by how he treats the  people around him...It's way too easy to put up a front in public or in our working environment....but the true person emerges behind closed doors, in the privacy of their homes, in the intimacy of their loved ones.....

So who are they really...?
             

1 comment:

  1. Husbands ..love / respect your wives...Treat he well, she will give her life for you...
    .Wives..submit to your husbands...but not to an extent of loosing your self worth...! Coz, you are worth it..!

    ReplyDelete